- About Us
- Special Events
- Welcome to Mountain View
- In The News
Public Policy & Advocacy
The Chamber of Commerce Mountain View recognizes that for many of our members, keeping track of the latest legislative development is nearly impossible. One of the great benefits of being a part of our Chamber is our legislative advocacy at every level of government. Throughout the year, Chamber staff, the Business Issues & Public Policy (BIPP) Committee and Board of Directors tirelessly work to represent local business to government. We work closely with elected officials at all levels ensuring our members’ representation in every way possible.
With the help of our members and by being an active member of the Santa Clara County Chamber Coalition and the California Chamber of Commerce, the Business Issues & Public Policy Committee attempts to proactively track issues that might impact business at the local, state and federal levels. We aim to inform our members of these matters and how to best get your voices heard.
The Chamber of Commerce’s BIPP Committee addresses issues including public policy, ordinances, zoning, ballot measures, permits, regulatory issues, development projects, and many other key topics. We periodically will meet with City of Mountain View staff and decision makers to ensure that our Business Members voices are being heard.
Have an Issue or Concern
We want to hear from you. The Chamber aims to identify key issues that impact our business owners, but your help in identifying items of concern or how we can effectively advocate and spur economic development within Mountain View is helpful.
Whether you have a permitting issue or concerned about bigger city issues- you are highly encouraged to contact the Chamber of Commerce and let us know how we can help you.
Are we affiliated with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce? We are sometimes asked this question. The short answer is no. The Chamber of Commerce Mountain View is an organization that operates independently of the United States Chamber of Commerce. Our actions, endorsements and events are led by our Board of Directors. Through progressive leadership, our organization offers programs and services that support our members, and in turn, support our community.
Our core values include:
- Creating a strong local economy
- Promoting the community
- Providing opportunities for relationship building
- Representing the interest of business with government
Our policies and advocacy are vetted through our Business Issues and Public Policy Committee. Should you have questions about the Chamber of Commerce Mountain View, please do not hesitate to call us at (650) 968-8378 or email email@example.com.
- The Chamber of Commerce Mountain View has joined the California Delivers Coalition, which supports the efforts of AB32 to reduce carbon pollution and transition to a clean and efficient economy.
- The Chamber of Commerce Mountain View has supported the Medi-Cal Funding and Accountability Act of 2014, which extends in perpetuity the bipartisan 2013 Medi-Cal Funding and Accountability Act, which guarantees ongoing federal health care funding.
- The Chamber of Commerce Mountain View has joined the Californians for Water Security Coalition to fix aging infrastructure and improving California’s water distribution system.
- The Chamber of Commerce Mountain View has been actively working with the Transportation R & D group of the Regional Economic Development Initiative (REDI), a study that aims to strengthen the business dominance and opportunities in the region.
- The Chamber of Commerce Mountain View has been actively involved with VTA’s Envision group, which is studying a 2016 transportation ballot measure.
- The Chamber of Commerce Mountain View has been actively involved with facilitating feedback from members to council on the potential rise in minimum wage to $15 by 2018.
- The Chamber of Commerce Mountain View was actively involved with facilitating feedback from members to council on the Bus Rapid Transit with dedicated bus lanes along El Camino Real.